Leading Age Services Australia will provide effective services and a voice advocating for quality age services in rural, regional and remote Australia.
The commitment to ‘ageing in place’ means that older Australians deserve to receive accommodation, support and care in the communities where they have┬áchosen to┬álive.
LASA will work across the industry and with government to ensure funding and policy reflects the contribution and needs of providers of age services outside of metropolitan areas.
The Rural and Regional Services Committee:
- Will include representatives from each state in the Federation and a nominee from the national office, including providers of age services outside of metropolitan areas.
- The RRSC will report to the LASA Board via the national CEO on policy and service delivery priorities of age services providers across rural, regional and remote Australia.
- The RRSC will meet quarterly and will include two face-to-face meetings each year, with the alternative meetings conducted via teleconference.
- Musters will be conducted on an annual basis across Australia in regional centres.
- Queensland will chair and facilitate the RRS Committee in the 2012-13 financial year.
For further information contact Nick Ryan, CEO LASA QLD on (07) 3725 5555.